homestudy
Well, the first part of my homestudy is complete. All paperwork is mailed, and the first visit is done. The visit took place on May 21st. I was so nervous having my SW come to my house. Being a single teacher, I am not made of money. She was fantastic, made me feel at ease. I told her my worries and she told me she did not see any problems. Annie Margaret also recieved her first set of gifts. My mom and Auntie Kim went shopping and she got lots of goodies- clothes, blanket, books, swimming outfit. I am so blessed to have these ladies in my life. Yesterday, I sent an email to my staff letting them all know I was adopting and holding a fundraiser. They all reached out to me with congrats. A coworker of mine sent me an email that brought tears to my eyes. She shared with me that she was adopted and told me I had her full support. It is amazing how times of need will bring out wonderful people. I am hoping that next week brings the final homestudy visit(waiting for background checks from NY and NC).
Comments
Post a Comment