The Power of Prayer
Okay you might want to sit down relax and make some popcorn because this is going to be a long post, but it will be well worth it I promise. I started this adoption process June 2012. I was told since I was going to special-needs route, I could have a child home within a year. That proved to be false. In December 2013 with no child in sight, I started to become very down and out. I cried out to God and ask him to heal me and to show me what his path for me was. I belong to a few site specific to adoption with the country I have chosen. There is one specifically with less than 10 members all who are waiting for referrals. These girls have and continue to support and pray for me they in and day out. One of them who has now become my dear friend, posted that there were several cute children who are waiting for families. She showed me a picture of a little boy with curly hair, the date was January 6th. My heart started beating fast, I could not look away, I began to get very anxious. I had no idea what was happening but I will be honest it did scare me. Within a few hours I emailed the agency a little boy was with asking if there was anyway to transfer the file to the agency I was with at the time. The answer to this with no it was not possible.
The next two days I continued to live but something was not right in my life. I could not get that little boy out of my mind. I pray to God specifically for clarity on what I needed to do next. It did not take long before He answered. I needed to switch agencies. I needed to go get my son! I'm January 15, I formally terminated with my agency. I was so scared but I knew that God would provide what needed to be provided. On January 17, I signed with my current agency and have not looked back or regretted this decision at all. I was stepping out on faith, purely on faith, that God had showed me this was my son.
Since the middle of January my agency had been trying very hard to give me officially matched with my boy. As the days turned into weeks, my heart began to slowly break. Was this not going to happen? Was God leading me in a different path? On April 23rd I reached out to about eight women who have been with me on this journey for a long time. I told them I was struggling and ask them to pray specifically for me to be approved for the match in April.
In the time since I've started this journey my faith has multiplied numerous times over. I know many people are praying for me and my child and have been since day one. Imagine my surprise when around 10 o'clock the next morning I got an email from my caseworker that my case had finally had movement. The government in charge of adoptions for my country had approved the match. I immediately texted my mother told my class we were going out bathroom break and went into the bathroom to call her. She was crying tears of joy, I was just completely shocked. My specific prayer had been answered, in record fast time. You have heard me right, I HAVE A SON. for safety reasons I cannot give information about my son. I also cannot share his picture publicly but believe me when I say he is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for all the prayers, donations, and sharing of my fundraising page. I humbly ask that you continue to share my site because now another large chunk of money is due soon.
I am now going to explain the process and what will happen next for those of you who are not in the adoption world. My dossier(which is basically a large set of notarized papers with the ins and outs of my life) has been sent to my agency. My agency will then forward the dossier to the orphanage. Once the paperwork is approved, the orphanage will send my son original paperwork for me to sign and notarize. Once that is done I have what is called an official referral. I then began filling out paperwork on the US side for immigration. There are two articles of paper that I will be waiting for. Once those papers Are complete, my process moves to the state level of where my son's orphanage is. Then it moves to New Delhi which is where the US Embassy is located. Then my case moves on to court where I can have anywhere from one to multiple hearings. Once I am approved my son will officially become mine and we will wait for the government to issue his passport so I can go get him. As far as a timeline, it is very up in the air. But I am told from my agency this date my son is in moves very quickly so it will most likely be within six months. This is it, this is what I've been waiting almost 2 years for. Thank you God
The next two days I continued to live but something was not right in my life. I could not get that little boy out of my mind. I pray to God specifically for clarity on what I needed to do next. It did not take long before He answered. I needed to switch agencies. I needed to go get my son! I'm January 15, I formally terminated with my agency. I was so scared but I knew that God would provide what needed to be provided. On January 17, I signed with my current agency and have not looked back or regretted this decision at all. I was stepping out on faith, purely on faith, that God had showed me this was my son.
Since the middle of January my agency had been trying very hard to give me officially matched with my boy. As the days turned into weeks, my heart began to slowly break. Was this not going to happen? Was God leading me in a different path? On April 23rd I reached out to about eight women who have been with me on this journey for a long time. I told them I was struggling and ask them to pray specifically for me to be approved for the match in April.
In the time since I've started this journey my faith has multiplied numerous times over. I know many people are praying for me and my child and have been since day one. Imagine my surprise when around 10 o'clock the next morning I got an email from my caseworker that my case had finally had movement. The government in charge of adoptions for my country had approved the match. I immediately texted my mother told my class we were going out bathroom break and went into the bathroom to call her. She was crying tears of joy, I was just completely shocked. My specific prayer had been answered, in record fast time. You have heard me right, I HAVE A SON. for safety reasons I cannot give information about my son. I also cannot share his picture publicly but believe me when I say he is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for all the prayers, donations, and sharing of my fundraising page. I humbly ask that you continue to share my site because now another large chunk of money is due soon.
I am now going to explain the process and what will happen next for those of you who are not in the adoption world. My dossier(which is basically a large set of notarized papers with the ins and outs of my life) has been sent to my agency. My agency will then forward the dossier to the orphanage. Once the paperwork is approved, the orphanage will send my son original paperwork for me to sign and notarize. Once that is done I have what is called an official referral. I then began filling out paperwork on the US side for immigration. There are two articles of paper that I will be waiting for. Once those papers Are complete, my process moves to the state level of where my son's orphanage is. Then it moves to New Delhi which is where the US Embassy is located. Then my case moves on to court where I can have anywhere from one to multiple hearings. Once I am approved my son will officially become mine and we will wait for the government to issue his passport so I can go get him. As far as a timeline, it is very up in the air. But I am told from my agency this date my son is in moves very quickly so it will most likely be within six months. This is it, this is what I've been waiting almost 2 years for. Thank you God
Colleen, this post makes my heart so very happy! I cannot wait to see him in your arms! I know that he will be worth every day you waited and every tear you shed!!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteMy dear Colleen, it is late Sunday and I have just read your beautiful post. Today is Divine Mercy Sunday and at Mass I thanked God for the blessing of this movement towards bringing your son home. I also asked His Son, to continue moving the process forward, in a steadfast way, so it will not be a long time for you to wait to hold your son in your arms and bring him into your loving home. I love you and am so proud to be your mother!
ReplyDeleteSuch great news....!! So happy to read this post Colleen! Renee Hallam
ReplyDeleteThanks Renee!!
DeleteCongratulations! I am very happy for you. My adoption is coming up to the three year mark, May 11. I was so very close last April before being struck with Stage III breast cancer. Many prayers were said for my healing and they got all of the large, aggressive tumour but now I have to wait a while before returning to the adoption process. First of all, I have to get my strength back and get back to work. I teach grade one/two. I hope things move quickly and smoothly for you and that you have your adorable son home and in your loving arms ASAP.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful Colleen! Continuing to pray for you and now your son!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy! Now I'll have to switch my prayers to pure speed!! So happy for you -- and praying that your wait from here on out goes quickly.
ReplyDeleteNancy
SOOOO awesome!!!! I love how God works in adoption :) It is sooo hard, but once you get there, you can look back and see how God had a hold of you and your son to get you together :) LOVE! Congrats on your baby boy!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much everyone for your kind words and prayers. I cannot believe this day is finally here. My son is so precious and beautiful! I can't wait to share his picture with the world.
ReplyDelete