Orphan Sunday
As you may or not be aware, today is Orphan Sunday. This is a day to recognize the millions of orphans in the world. By the way, that is not a typo, there are hundreds of millions of orphans in this world. While I love that this day brings awareness to families about adoption, it is bittersweet to me. I have been waiting for over a year for an orphan to call my child. One orphan, that is all I pray for. There is no doubting this process is difficult, I have shared that many times over.
Over this past year, I have seen everyone in my adoption world have some progress. Everyone but me, and my sweet friend Amanda. We are stuck before we are even given the chance for a referral.
Today I want to humbly as all of you for prayers. Let's storm the gates of Heaven for God to make me a mother. I will be honest and share that I am very broken inside. Unlike the majority of the adoption world, I am single and have no children. I am not distracted by the day to day life of my family. Today starts a week long celebration of the Hindu holiday Dwaili. Most of India is ahut down celebrating. My birthday is in less than a week. I am praying for a near impossible miracle. I do know with God all things are possible. So please, if you think of it, would you please pray for God to give me a miracle.
Over this past year, I have seen everyone in my adoption world have some progress. Everyone but me, and my sweet friend Amanda. We are stuck before we are even given the chance for a referral.
Today I want to humbly as all of you for prayers. Let's storm the gates of Heaven for God to make me a mother. I will be honest and share that I am very broken inside. Unlike the majority of the adoption world, I am single and have no children. I am not distracted by the day to day life of my family. Today starts a week long celebration of the Hindu holiday Dwaili. Most of India is ahut down celebrating. My birthday is in less than a week. I am praying for a near impossible miracle. I do know with God all things are possible. So please, if you think of it, would you please pray for God to give me a miracle.
I will join you! Praying the next year of waiting brings lots of news about who your girl is . . .
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hoping you get the wonderful news of a referral soon! Have a great birthday!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely praying that you get the BEST birthday present ever :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you! I can't imagine how discouraging it can be but know God is choosing the best child for you during this time and she will be worth all the anguish, the wait, the unknowns, the frustrations, the tears and the fears - she will be worth it all.
ReplyDeleteOh the waiting stinks, I know! Praying that He makes you a Mama real soon! Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. The waiting and uncertainty is one of the hardest parts. Most of your family and friends just can't understand. I went through impossible odds but in the end I did bring my little girl home. I adopted from Kathmandu Nepal-a very bad place to adopt from though I did not know it at the time. Everything my very bad agency told me that made it look do-able did not happen. But with a ton of faith and Gods help I did get my little girl and she is terrific. Once I got home being an older mom (45) little money, working, everything just worked out fine and I have never had a single regret.
ReplyDeleteAs for your b day- one of my saddest days was her 2 b day spent in the orphanage with me waiting so many long months and no travel date, my baby had aged out of what I had requested twice by now with no end in sight. My happiest b day was after three long and unexpected months in Nepal (remember Nepal is not India so it is a different process-or lack of process) with my toddler I finally got the final piece of paper work approved and could move on. The guy did not want to sign. Every thing had passed and he continued to drag his feet. I sat in the stinky stifling office for six hours with my very good little one and he finally signed it. It was my 45 b day best present I ever got.
ReplyDelete