Boy Mom?

 Elliott and I have been doing wonderful. Since last I blogged, my poor pathetic blog, we have settled back home in Buffalo New York.   It has been a little challenging, very cold weather, not so easy job on my part and adjusting Elliott to kindergarten but in the long run being close to family is immeasurable. I wouldn’t change it for the world.  I’m going to be posting in the next couple of days very life-changing event that’s happening in our household. I’m asking above anything for prayers.

 Life is going smooth and then came to a screeching halt on February 12, 2017. I saw the face of a little boy in India who had a facial deformity but I fell head over heels. I always planned on adopting from India again but it was not in the cards right now. In fact it wasn’t even really on my radar. But when I saw this boy‘s face something and you told me, God is telling you the time is now. I immediately began sobbing and said no  there is absolutely no possible way I financially can adopt again right now.  Little did I know at that moment God had a much bigger man and I would  see in the coming months.   I begin praying because I didn’t even have the money needed to start my homestudy.  I contacted an agency that was advocating for him and told him I was interested in trying to raise money. Unfortunately with new rules in India,  I could not lock him in like I did with my sweet Elliott.  I told a very few close friends who also happens to be Mom friends from the same country  And they immediately began praying. In fact a few hours later I had to moms give me a various generous donation which was about half of the amount that I needed. I was floored. But something was still stopping me from moving ahead. I did not have the rest of the money but it was something more than that. Then a few weeks to a month later I heard the news that another family was interested in this boy. I immediately spoke to my wonderful  Indimoms  and they basically told me if it was God‘s will it was now or never. I did something that I’d never done before which was I asked God for a specific amount of money by a specific day. I was laughed as I prayed because I thought how ridiculous is this to ask for such a specific prayer but I did it anyway. For several days I pray the same prayer. I went to bed the night but I guess I can call my deadline, without the money. I told God I was OK with his choice and that this little boy obviously had a family somewhere  that could help him and love him more than I could. Now comes the amazing part that only God could write. I woke up the next day with that exact amount of money and I have been deposited into my account at 11:50 at night. I am mediately felt like I was going to throw up. Partly because oh my goodness it was happening and partly because I had doubted God and that was dumb. You see the money came from a dear friend and the money he just sort of shown up in her and her husband’s account. I don’t want to going to two much detail but these people are my angels on earth. They live a very modest life yet they gave me a large sum of money that was exactly the amount I was praying for. My friends, if you are not a believer, the story should make you believe because only God could do such a thing. I did not tell a soul about my prayer request.

 Fast forward to a week or so later and while I was at work I got the news that this little boy that I had long before was going to be matched with another family. A few days later my nightmare became reality.  I was at work when I got the news and being a teacher, I cannot stop it I was doing and grieve. I had to move forward and literally show no emotion even though my heart was shattered. I remember talking to my friend Olivia on the car ride home just sobbing and her telling me that God has something bigger planned for me.  She kept telling me there was a reason I waited to send in the money but my heart was not feeling any of that. I was broken. Looking back I realize that my grief did not last very long and I know that’s because God was preparing me for something that would rock my world, someone who would change every ounce of my being.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Prayer

Home Stretch

Orphan Sunday