Home Stretch

To my close friends and family, it is no new news that this school year has been a trying one. It seems that since I started back in late August, things were not going my way. Between several adoption road blocks, I have had a situation with a parent where God was called upon more often than not. This situation almost caused health problems. It was not until I chose to give it to God, that I learned to live with it. It is bewildering to me that their our people that do not believe in God. How do they get up and face their days?  The adoption process has taught me to look to God in all times, not just bad times. Well with the school year winding down, and a stomach bug that wasted two of my days this week, I can breathe. I have 28 fourth graders, 28 opinionated, energetic, amazing fourth graders. I can't believe we only have 2 more days together. Today we had field day,while other classes where running around misbehaving, my kiddos were having organized fun.  What a bond we share. I always get asked if I like fourth grade.  The answer is no.....I love it. It is an age where they still love to give hugs, but they can have a full on conversation with you. We joke A LOT in my class. Every day when we walk through the door, we walk under three words. No Bully Zone. My class has shone what wonderful kids they are by accepting each other. In case you didn't make in inference, I will ,is my class. But don't think I am not counting down the hours until vacation. Come on summer, momma needs a break!

Comments

  1. What a blessing to hear a teacher say they love teaching! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few teachers in our family too -- and you deserve an even longer break, in my opinion! Thank you for pouring so much of yourself into children who will shape the future! And I am praying that summer and next school year will see those roadblocks removed . . .
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am also a single teacher hoping to adopt. I had my little girl and was going to go and meet her and go back to court in November when blindsided by stage three breast cancer. So glad you are able to keep your faith because right now mine is very challenged! How cone so close to the end this happens? I am so sorry to dump on you but your situation, especially the bit about work, sounds familiar! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrrllllllll- today was my last day!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!! AND, I brought Munni with me to school. It was the teacher workday, so it worked out great. I am so ready for summer. It's a definitely needed respite for us teachers as this year I pretty much crawled across the finish line. I'm praying that this summer will be one full of JOYOUS news for you!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, I, with all my heart, wish your prayer of becoming a mother would come true today!! Please know that God is with you and all of you who read this, please pray for my daughter to be untied with her beautiful daughter. I know that God has His plan but as a mother, my heart is heavy.

    I love you Colleen Mary!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, I just was reading your blog again and I am so grateful for all the wonderful people who follow you blog and support you with your prayers. I pray each and every one of them continue to keep you in prayer and I also pray they are also blessed.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Prayer

Orphan Sunday