Hello India...Finally

Up until this point everything we had done in India I was adoption related. We had not seen any of the alley except from a cab. My mom and I were both going stir crazy. I at least had my son to bond with my mom needed to get out. My best friend Erika's father was from Delhi and his family still lives there. She had arranged it so that they could help us out. Well because my little monkey played around with the phone her poor family have been trying to reach me for days. By the time we arranged a sightseeing trip it was last minute and since they own a factory they sent one of their workers to take us around. Her name was Aarti. She was absolutely amazing and we love getting to know her and spending the day. She took us to an outdoor market called Dilli Haat. It was a place where you could bargain for goods from all around India. My mom was very good at bargaining but she had nothing compared to Aarti. She was tough and would not let us buy anything if she felt it was overpriced. We ended up only getting a few things. I got a beautiful outfit for Elliott and also a little elephant mobile for his room. My mom got a few gifts. I also got a beautiful handmade scarf for my dear friend Shannon.

  I had Elliott in the carrier and also let him walk around but since he really didn't like shoes and the only shoes he did like kept falling off, in order to continue on I said I needed to buy a stroller. Aarti searched high and low and we finally found what can only be described as a mini mouse stroller. It was not the most stable thing but it worked.  This ended up being truly wonderful as it prepared Elliott to be harnessed in the car seat has never been a problem. After buying the stroller Aarti took us for a wonderful Chinese lunch/early dinner. I love Chinese food and this with some of the best of ever had.

After our wonderful meal Elliott was tired and cranky and so we decided to call it a day. Napa for Aarti took us to see some of the sites around Delhi including all of the officials homes and also India gate. We only did drive-by as it was closed but it was still beautiful.

Mom and I were both looking forward to Sunday as we were spending the whole day with Abhi and she was taking us around town as well. I was very excited to go to the Gandhi memorial because he is someone that I truly look up to.

On Sunday the first stop was the Gandhi Memorial and I was in awe. The place is so spiritual and peaceful I cannot even describe it. I was able to see Gandhi's last footsteps. And see the room where he spent his final days. I think this was my favorite place in all of India. I would love to go back one day when I do not have a rambunctious toddler with a short attention span.

After the Gandhi Memorial Abby took us to a really neat outdoor market. Since most of the shops were right off the street but you had to go up to steps and I have the stroller, I stayed outside and just walked Elliot wow the two ladies one in shopped. We got some great souvenirs but we were getting hungry.  Abhi Took us to a wonderful revolving restaurant where you could see all the sites of Delhi as you dined. The service was very slow but the food was yummy.

What a lovely weekend we had exploring Delhi.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Prayer

Home Stretch

Orphan Sunday