All About Elliott
Now that the trip details are all written out, it is time to get to the fun things – all about Elliott two weeks home!
Current weight 23 pounds with his clothes and shoes on and about 32 inches tall. He is currently in18 month clothes which is much smaller than I thought so little shopping had to be done ;). He even has a little bit of room to grow in 18 months.
Personality is 90% happy and easy-going and 10% stubborn as a mule. If you want something and does not get it, look out because a full-blown tantrum will result. Unfortunately for him his mother is a teacher so he doesn't get what he wants.
Favorite foods are grilled cheese, cheese pizza, and chicken nuggets.
Least favorite foods are vegetables, vegetables, vegetables.
Favorite activities are being outside and bathtime.
Absolute least favorite thing to do is sleep.
Elliott has no interest in TV but loves anything that lights up and is musical.
Favorite toys are stacking cups, little car that he rides on that plays music, and a few toys that play different songs.
Elliott does not like animals, stuffed or real.
How are we doing? In full disclosure the first week was very rough. The jet lag and frustration on my part was not easy. We are now getting into a routine and life is much better. Elliott continues to fight sleep but once he is asleep he sleeps great. He is getting used to the dogs and has started to feed them from his chair. The only English word he says is hi. He babbles a lot. He also can hum a tune if he hears it several times.
It is really hard to put into words how I feel about my son. Seeing his face since January and now here he is in flash in my arms. It is overwhelming at times and I am humbled to be his mother. Each night we play with his nativity set and learn about the true meaning of Christmas. My faith has multiplied more times than I would have ever imagined. I am in awe of God every night when I lay my head down and every morning when I open my eyes.
Current weight 23 pounds with his clothes and shoes on and about 32 inches tall. He is currently in18 month clothes which is much smaller than I thought so little shopping had to be done ;). He even has a little bit of room to grow in 18 months.
Personality is 90% happy and easy-going and 10% stubborn as a mule. If you want something and does not get it, look out because a full-blown tantrum will result. Unfortunately for him his mother is a teacher so he doesn't get what he wants.
Favorite foods are grilled cheese, cheese pizza, and chicken nuggets.
Least favorite foods are vegetables, vegetables, vegetables.
Favorite activities are being outside and bathtime.
Absolute least favorite thing to do is sleep.
Elliott has no interest in TV but loves anything that lights up and is musical.
Favorite toys are stacking cups, little car that he rides on that plays music, and a few toys that play different songs.
Elliott does not like animals, stuffed or real.
How are we doing? In full disclosure the first week was very rough. The jet lag and frustration on my part was not easy. We are now getting into a routine and life is much better. Elliott continues to fight sleep but once he is asleep he sleeps great. He is getting used to the dogs and has started to feed them from his chair. The only English word he says is hi. He babbles a lot. He also can hum a tune if he hears it several times.
It is really hard to put into words how I feel about my son. Seeing his face since January and now here he is in flash in my arms. It is overwhelming at times and I am humbled to be his mother. Each night we play with his nativity set and learn about the true meaning of Christmas. My faith has multiplied more times than I would have ever imagined. I am in awe of God every night when I lay my head down and every morning when I open my eyes.
I am so glad you are finally together. It's hard at the beginning, you've been waiting so long for your son and suddenly it all goes very quick and yes they do come with a personality! Two years down the road I can say the rough patches are far and in between and I couldn't imagine life without my boy. Have a wonderful Christmas, you two will be just fine!
ReplyDelete