Stalemate
I think the title post says it all.....I am at a stalemate. There is absolutely nothing I can do but wait. The sad truth is that my wait will most likely not be a short one. The process of international adoption is full of unknowns. These last two nights have been hard. I feel lonely, lonely for my daughter, whom I have never even laid eyes on. I lay in bed praying ( ok maybe it is a little pleading too).
I have also decided to take some time off from contacting my agency. I am used to finding little excuses to contact them in the hope they will say " by the way we have your referral!" Silly I know. My wonderful caseworker deserves a break.
I know things will get better. I will get in a routine where my pending referral is not on my mind 24/7. It has to, right? In the mean time, I will enjoy life, my dogs, my family, and friends. I am laying in front of my fireplace with three sleeping dogs surrounding me. Things could always be worse;).
I have also decided to take some time off from contacting my agency. I am used to finding little excuses to contact them in the hope they will say " by the way we have your referral!" Silly I know. My wonderful caseworker deserves a break.
I know things will get better. I will get in a routine where my pending referral is not on my mind 24/7. It has to, right? In the mean time, I will enjoy life, my dogs, my family, and friends. I am laying in front of my fireplace with three sleeping dogs surrounding me. Things could always be worse;).
The waiting just plain stinks. No doubt about it. But I will say that I've grown so close to the Lord through all of this waiting. Close in a way that seems more intimate. It's a good thing even though it is painful. Also, I think this point of the waiting is like conditioning for when you actually have seen Sweet Annie Margaret's face because believe me, once you see her face, the waiting is a million times harder. I'm praying for you!!!
ReplyDelete