Doldrums
Well I went into this weekend wanting to do nothing but relax. During the week, I was fighting a cold and didn't get a lot of sleep. Friday I went out to dinner with my good friend Erika. Erika will be Annie Margaret's Godmother. She has been a true friend and one I am honored to have in my life. Saturday, I relaxed and as I was getting up to go to bed, I turned on the lights and about fainted. My poor little Scarlet's right eye was red and swollen. I went into panic mode, threw a Benadryl down her throat, and tried not to cry. About a year ago, Scarlets entire face swelled and I had to rush her to the Drs. Well I immediately texted my vet, who of course didn't answer because it was late. I then called and woke up my parents. We decided it would be best to sit tight and see how it went. Lets just say a few hundred dollar ER vet bill was not what I needed right now. I stayed up four about 90 minutes, making sure her airway was not obstructed. This was definitely not what I had in mind for a relaxing weekend. Luckily, today after more Benadryl, the swelling is gone.
My poor baby's eye, kinda hard to see.
There is no news on the adoption front. I am praying hard for Kristen who is traveling to finally go get her sweet girl. Kristen has been one of the only ones who has reached out to me on my blog. Honestly, they say the adoption world is tight, with they exception of two ladies, I have yet to experience that. My agency is small. It doesn't handle the amount of adoptions as a larger agency. Maybe it is because I don't have a referral, who knows? All I know is I would love to be connected to more adoptive moms, especially those working with Ind*a.
I am only on day 10 of my pact not to bug my agency. I am dying to contact them. I want to know more about this huge adoption convention coming up. Lord, give me strength and patience.
Comments
Post a Comment