Disney Magic

My mom and I have been contemplating a vacation for some time. Her job is very stressful and this adoption has taken its toll on me!  Imagine my surprise when out of the blue, my dad offered to take his girls to Walt Disney World. See I grew up Disney. My whole family loves it. We have not been as a family since I was 16. How could I say no? Of course with the upcoming wedding this month, my brother stayed behind. Ok, who am I kidding, my dad invited only the girls, sorry Tim!

So when November 23rd came, I hopped on a plane for sunny Florida. Perhaps you remember my cruise last year and the unseasonably cold weather.  Well this trip was no different. Many nights were cut short due to the horrible wind and chill in the air. It didn't matter, this trip was nothing less than magical. One of my first stops was to see my beloved manatees.The parks were decked out for Christmas, we were staying at my favorite hotel, and I got to spend time with the best parents in the world. My mom even got us Universal tickets and I FINALLY got to experience all that is Harry Potter!!!

In Disney the unthinkable happened..... I left my adoption stress in the Carolina's. I did not check my email every 10 minutes. In fact, I barely checked it. To be honest, it was glorious. I think I experienced some Disney Pixie Dust, the return to normalcy.

Even now that I am back, I smile thinking of how this 31 year old girl was lost in all that is Disney.  Thank you to the two best parents that ever walked this earth.

Maybe my referral will come by Christmas, maybe it won't. But one thing is certain, I am one blessed lady.











Comments

  1. Good for YOU! It sounds like it was a much needed distraction. We love Disney, too, and can't wait to take our little guy next year. In fact, we are planning to go for our 20th anniversary with three kiddos in tow. There's nothing like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect getaway!! I'm so glad you got a break from the adoption tension -- and had some fun, rejuvenating time with your parents. They sound amazing!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smiling so big reading this post- SO HAPPY that you were able to take a break, get away, and enjoy life. I hope that you can keep the Disney feeling going right through the holidays! Your parents sound amazing and obviously love you so very much :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Prayer

Home Stretch

Orphan Sunday