The Unexpected

 Last night I left off I had lost little boy who I believe briefly with my son. I kind of took a step away from the adoption community and more importantly from the thought of adoption. But I would be lying if I didn’t say it was always in the back of my mind.  My agency does a wonderful job of advocating for children who are hard to place and I viewed several files, mostly girls because I was convinced I was going to adopt again then I would go for a daughter. Every once in a while I would ask for a boy but mostly I was looking at little girls files. While they are all precious children and there is one little girl I will forever be praying for, none of them felt like they were my child.  I do remember speaking to my friend Olivia about a little boy‘s face and she said oh that’s “R”  A little boy we have known about your pictures for about a year so. But he was older almost exact same ages Elliott and of course a boy so while I thought he was cute I didn’t think much of it.  I continued with my homestudy wasn’t so much of a rush now since I didn’t have a specific child.  After one of my nightly chat sessions with Olivia, she told me she just got back from her agency’s reunion and all they could talk about was R.   The date was June 3. ( I should mention that Olivia is the one that found my sweet Elliott for me almost 4 years ago. We have been close ever since).  I remember the exact moment that she told me what they were talking about and how they were all praying, I was standing in my kitchen, and all of a sudden I begin to sweat. It was a moment like oh boy what have I been thinking he is my child.  I was scared to say it out loud. This was not my plan. I Wanted a three-year-old little girl and  here I was staring at the most beautiful face. I asked Olivia to send me the information that she had. I also contacted to moms with adopted children from his orphanage. R  has endured so much and his little life. He has no the loss of family, people that for one  reason or another decided he was not their child    All the information I seem to be getting pointed to one factor that was I was his mother. I kept trying to tell God no that was not my plan. I would be lying if I said He did not put me through trials.  One night if you’re particularly rough day I actually fell to my knees and surrender to God. It was the first time ever said those words. I was getting myself, my whole being to the Lord. I was going to do whatever needed to be done in His eyes.  It was that day that my life changed forever. I messaged my agency and told him I would be moving forward in process to adopt R.  I have yet to share the best news, and that is that my sweet boy knows the love of Jesus. He is living in a Christian orphanage in attending school and Sunday school.

 Now that I decided to move forward, the financial burden was still there. I would be lying if I told you the adoption community was not amazing. This group of women came together in fund raised like crazy. I also received some amazing grants. And I am blessed to say that my Adoption is almost fully funded.

 The Longest wait came while I was waiting to be approved by the Indian government adoption committee. My boy was not locked into me which means anybody could come in and match with him.  That date happened on July 18. Elliott  and I were off to our local amusement park with our dear friends.  They have the sweetest little boy who is also adopted from India. I was in the parking lot getting ready to go in and just thought that I should check my phone. My heart stopped when I realize they had an email  my caseworker telling you I have been matched. It was happening, I was finally happening. Got him moved so many mountains and he was showing me that by following Him,  this sweet little boy I had prayed for in longed for was going to become my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Prayer

Home Stretch

Orphan Sunday