Kokomo
Anyone that knows me, knows that for the past two years, all earned money has gone toward bills, expenses, or my adoption fees. So it was no surprise that when the opportunity arouse to take a cruise to The Bahamas, I quickly said no thanks. My dear friend Erika turned 40 this year and wanted to take a cruise. After some soul searching and a great talk from my mom, it seemed The Bahamas were calling my name. I also, figured this would be sort of a babymoon(last vacation before the baby arrives)
What a trip it was!!!! It is amazing how just dipping your feet in the sand, can clear all your worries away. Of course, this trip was not without disappointment, delayed boarding, rainy weather almost every day, and a ship that rocked more than ACDC(I can picture my dad singing right now). But pushing those things aside, this trip was AMAZING. I came back to the brisk, icy weather, relaxed and recharged.
I went with three wonderful ladies, Erika, Kristen, and my roomie Lynn. With no major drama, we were about to relax, drink and eat excessively and win four trophies(ship on a stick) for various trivias and 80's dancing!!! I do admit, I had a little too much "fun" one night, but hey what is a vacation for anyways? There was even a bar called "Passage to India!" Hello excessive pictures taken haha.
We visited Freeport where we did a lot of shopping and visited the local beach, where I lovingly wrote Annie's name in the sand. In Nassau, we went to the world famous Atlantis resort. This place is BREATHTAKING. I would love to go back one day. One night, Lynn and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just talking. It brought me back to my childhood.
Now my bathing suit is put away, my diet is back on, and my North Face jacket is within reach, I sit back and think of all the wonderful memories shared on the Carnival Fasination. Thanks ladies for a perfect week.
Lynn, Colleen, Erika, Kristen after winning ship on a stick #2
Atlantis Resort, Nassau
What a trip it was!!!! It is amazing how just dipping your feet in the sand, can clear all your worries away. Of course, this trip was not without disappointment, delayed boarding, rainy weather almost every day, and a ship that rocked more than ACDC(I can picture my dad singing right now). But pushing those things aside, this trip was AMAZING. I came back to the brisk, icy weather, relaxed and recharged.
I went with three wonderful ladies, Erika, Kristen, and my roomie Lynn. With no major drama, we were about to relax, drink and eat excessively and win four trophies(ship on a stick) for various trivias and 80's dancing!!! I do admit, I had a little too much "fun" one night, but hey what is a vacation for anyways? There was even a bar called "Passage to India!" Hello excessive pictures taken haha.
We visited Freeport where we did a lot of shopping and visited the local beach, where I lovingly wrote Annie's name in the sand. In Nassau, we went to the world famous Atlantis resort. This place is BREATHTAKING. I would love to go back one day. One night, Lynn and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just talking. It brought me back to my childhood.
Now my bathing suit is put away, my diet is back on, and my North Face jacket is within reach, I sit back and think of all the wonderful memories shared on the Carnival Fasination. Thanks ladies for a perfect week.
Lynn, Colleen, Erika, Kristen after winning ship on a stick #2
Freeport, Bahamas
Atlantis Resort, Nassau
I just love the picture of Annie Margaret's name in the sand. I am so happy you are home safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteNow we wait for God's blessing of Annie Margaret! I love you, mom